Ekinni is an easy wear dress with a cowl neck drape and a high-low skirt that deliciously skims over the female form in its bias elegance. Its French seams and bias bound edges give Ekinni a superior but easy to make finish which can be achieved without an Overlock machine/Serger. It is quite easy to whip up and is suitable even for beginner sewists.
A sleeveless cowl neck dress with a subtle high-low hem that is cut completely on the bias. The seams are joined using French seams and the back neckline, armholes and sweep are finished with Bias tape. The high part hits slightly above the knee, and the low part, a few inches below the knee. Ekinni features a slight blouson at the waist which is cinched using an elastic band.
Our model is 5 feet 9” and is wearing a size 10.
Size Range: women sizes 6-20 (to fit bust 32 to 48″ B-cup) all included in the pattern. This pattern is drafted for the average B-cup shape, which is a figure that has a full bust measurement is that is 2 inches larger than the upper bust measurement. Bigger cup-sized shapes may require full-bust adjustment.
Layers: This pattern has a layers feature that allows you to print only the size(s) you need. The pattern is also colour-coded with different line weights to assist you in identifying and tracing out the correct size.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginners
Supplies and Materials
- Main fabric. Suitable fabrics include opaque but soft hand fabrics that will allow for drapes such as rayon challis, cotton voile, silk-like sateen etc.
- 5 yards of Bias Binding tape
- 1 yard of 3/8” wide elastic
- Matching thread
- Basic Sewing machine and tools
Download Size: 8 MB
• PDF Digital instruction booklet and A4 /US Letter trim tiles- 19 and 25 pages.
• Large paper format (36″ by 51″)