Dartless Bodice/Torso Block for developing your own sewing patterns. It includes the back torso, front torso and a sleeve block to match. Sizes from bust 32 to 40 inches (81.3-101.6 cm). All blocks are available in full scale and quarter scale.
- This block is simplified as it does not include a bust fitting dart in front and a shoulder dart at back. This is so that you can use it to create garment styles that do not require a bust fitting dart (i.e shoulder dart, side dart or otherwise) but still fit close at the same time.
- It is not all the time that a garment requires a bust fitting dart, instead of transferring the dart elsewhere where it would create unwanted fullness, why not start with a block that has eliminated that step (of transferring fullness) but at the same time has close fit?
- This block can be used as a starting point for fitted shirt styles, blouses, shift dresses etc. This block is the starting point for the SewExplicit Pattern, Daisy.
- This block is closely related to the Woven Bodice Block because they are both drafted from the same measurement sets and the pattern pieces are interchangeable.
The block is drafted with 3, 2, and 2 ease at the bust, waist and hip respectively.
The bodice is drafted to take on a sleeve. The sleeve block is a straight, unshaped sleeve with minimal ease of less than 1/4” at the sleeve cap. Instructions on how to adjust the pattern for a sleeveless bodice and how to increase the sleeve cap ease are included in the accompanying booklet.
The pattern is drafted using the imperial system (i.e inches) of measurement but the approximate metric measurements (i.e cm) are included as well.
The pattern is not inclusive of sewing allowances.
Style Number: 3003
Size range: Sizes 6-14 (all included in the pattern). Our PDF patterns have a layers feature that allows you to print only the size(s) you need.
Download size: 3.5 MB
- PDF Digital instruction booklet and A4/US Letter pattern trim tiles- 11 and 17 pages
- PDF Large paper (A0) – 1 page